- MG 12.197
Collection consists of the following:
- Correspondence regarding St. Anthony’s Church Bell, 1911
- League of the Cross (L.O.C.) Dominion, 1930 2 documents
Series B: Memoranda including background information for Mr. Stephenson’s two books.
- Proofs of Mr. Stephenson’s two books. 20 pages
- Material General Mining Association supplied to miners, 1831-1832. 40 pages.
- Company Store Records, 1878-1884, 35 pages.
- Miners’ time book and waste book; Materials General Mining Association supplied to miners 1882-1891 66 pages.
- Company Store records; time book; waste book 1883-1890 48 pages
- Papers including Dominion Town Council election results; Minutes of the first town Council and school board meetings 1906; inventory of Dominion Electric Light Department, 1959. 263 Pages.
Series C: Deeds: Photocopy, 1826-1946 relating to the Bridgeport area, 31 pages, 1 folder.
- John Claghan to John Young; L’Indian bay 1826
- William the Fourth to William Cadegan, Catherine Stanton, Reardon O’BRIEN, John Handley, John Murphy and John Casey; S.S. Lingan Bay, 1832
- John and Bridget Murphy to Roman Catholics - South Side Lingan Bay, 1840.
- Walter and Catherine Young to Roman Catholic Episcopate Corporation of Arichat; South Side Lingan Bay, 1869.
- Walter and Catherine Young to Roman Catholic Episcopate Corporation of Arichat ; Lingan, 1884.
- GMA to Henry Mitchell; Bridgeport, 1890.
- Rev. John Cameron to John Phalen, Old Bridgeport, 1900
- The Crown to James Cooney, Anastasia Cooney & Ann O’Neal; Between Lingan Basin and Little Glace Bay [Bridgeport], 1878.
- Cooney & O’Neil to Joseph Campbell; Bridgeport, 1881
- Cooney & O’Neil to Roderick Johnston; Bridgeport 1892
- James & Anastasia Cooney to Lawrence O’Neil; Bridgeport 1892
- James & Mary Ann Cooney to Ann O’Neil; Bridgeport, 1892
- Cooney to Alexander Mc Donald; Bridgeport, 1893
- O’ Neil & Cooney to James Mac Neil; Bridgeport, 1893
- O’Neil to Cooney; Bridgeport, 1894
- Cooney to Annie Crosby; Bridgeport, 1904
- Cooney to Alexander Mc Donald; Bridgeport, 1905
- Cooney to O’Neil to Dominion Coal Company , Bridgeport, 1917
- Cooney to Walter Graham; Main Road leading from Bridgeport to Dominion [Bridgeport] 1932
- Daniel Joseph Cooney to Walter Graham; Main Road leading from Bridgeport to
Dominion [Bridgeport] 1928
- Cooney to Alexander N. Mac Neil; Main Road leading from Bridgeport [Bridgeport] 1932
- Cooney to Mrs. S.J. Cooney; Main Road Glace Bay to Bridgeport [Bridgeport] 1932
- Cooney to Ignatius Mc Intyre; East Side of Phalen’s Rd. [Bridgeport] 1944
- Cooney to Alexander M. Mc Neil; Main Rd. Leading from Bridgeport to Dominion [Bridgeport] 1944
- Daniel Joseph Cooney to Francis Joseph Mc Mullin; Bridgeport, 1946
Series D: Clippings
- Biographical material relating to Dominion; including matters concerned with the
Second World War; Social news, Churches and Law and Order.
- Clippings referring to August Gale, 1873; 1909 Strike; Tramline route, 1914; Bands
And Orchestras - Michalik, 1927; Polish orchestra, 1927; Roosevelt’s death, 1945;
VE day riots - Halifax; end of WW II.
Series E: Photographs (See Photograph Collection #25)
Four volumes pertaining to the Town of Dominion and the organization of Mr. Stephenson’s two books: Dominion, Nova Scotia 1906-1981 and souvenir booklet on the History of the Dominion Volunteer Fire Department.
Series F. Scrapbooks:
- 1901-1961 Cuttings relation to Dominion, 8cm.
- Material relating to Bridgeport and Bridgeport Mine, 3 cm.
- Cuttings pertaining to Dominion and Mr. Stephenson 1960's and 1970's
- School records, 1888, Mitchell’s School, Photocopies, 7 pages
- Cuttings relating to religion (RC) and education in Dominion in mid twentieth century,
- Cuttings from Dominion-New Waterford areas, May-August, 1947, compiled by John
Mac Kinnon, Dominion, 2cm.
Stephenson, Leonard Fielding