Title and statement of responsibility area
Settlers off the "Highland Lass"
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
ca. 1890 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 postcard : b&w ; 14cm x 9cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Item is a photographic postcard of the surviving settlers who went to Australia and New Zealand with Norman MacLeod on the ship called the "Highland Lass".
Back row, L to R: J. McKay 'Ban' (Napier), D. McKay 'Ban' (Waipu), W. McDonald (Waipu), Dan McKay 'Ban' (Waipu), K. McDonald (Waipu), D.H. McKenzie (Waipu), K. Stewart (Whangarei Hds).
Third row, L to R: Miss J. McKenzie (Waipu), Miss C. McKay (Waipu), Mrs. J.W. Durham (Waipu), A. MacKay 'Ban' (Waipu), N. McKenzie 'Prince' (Waipu), W. McLennan (Waipu), J.R. MacKay (Waipu), Miss E. McKay 'Ban' (Waipu), Mrs. Webster (Waipu), Mrs. R. Campbell (Waipu).
Second row, L to R: H. McKenzie (Waipu), R. Finlayson (Waipu), Mrs. P.H. McKay (Waipu), Mrs. Anderson (Mangere), Mrs. Sheddon (Auckland), Mrs. W. McKenzie (Waipu), Mrs. D. McKenzie 'Prince' (Waipu), Mrs. J. Finlayson (Waipu), Mrs. D. McLeod (Waipu), Mrs. M. McAulay (Waipu).
Front row, L to R: D. McKay 'Ban' (Waipu), Capt. J. McKenzie 'Prince' (Waipu), J. McLean (Waipu), D. Stewart (Whangarei Hds).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photograph was donated to the Beaton Institute Archives by Rev. J.W. Campbell.