File consists of photographs taken by former Cape Breton Highlanders, Ralph Davies and Sharkey MacDonald (Charles MacDonald), during the “30th Anniversary: The Canadians in Italy” delegation sent to Italy by the Canadian Department of Veterans Affairs to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the liberation of Italy during the Second World War.
File consists of slides taken during the “30th Anniversary: The Canadians in Italy” delegation to Italy, including visits to Ortona, Villanova, and Coriano.
File consists of a class list, handwritten and typewritten notes, examples of forms (i.e. retention forms, reference reports) and a Campus scribbler of material from a summer course in archives, which Sister Beaton took in 1970.
File consists of a talk delivered by Dr. Morgan for an Irish history symposium in August 1995 as well as excerpts from the diary.
Files consists of a reproduction of a draft copy of this text.
File consists of an address delivered by Dr. Morgan on September 28, 1977 at College of Cape Breton (CBU)
File consists of the following items:
"Political trailblazer," Cape Breton Post, January 17, 2022, p. A1 and A4.McDonough, Alexa
Consists of one audio disc and label information.
Consists of one audio LP recording.
Consists of one audio reel, label information and one audio LP recording.
Consists of 2 audio reels, label information and one audio LP recording.
File contains the following documents: a letter expressing sympathy for Susan and Alex Anderson's loss of their son, Percival William Anderson overseas; seven letters concerning Percival William Anderson's Will; a letter concerning Percival William Anderson's death certificate; two letters concerning a monument erected near Passchendaele for fallen comrades; three letters concerning the presentation of Percival William Anderson's Military Cross; a copy of Percival William Anderson's Form of Will; and a copy of Percival William Anderson's Pay Account.
The Baddeck Telephone (1898-1900) was the second newspaper published in Baddeck, after the Island Reporter (1884-1887). The newspaper was a six-page broadsheet containing local news and advertisements. The paper started when Charles H. Peppy acquired the unused presses and typeset from the Island Reporter and relocated to the west end of Chebucto Street near Gertrude Hall. The newspaper ended soon after Peppy had been sued for libel by a politician. The Baddeck Telephone had only been published for over a year.