Showing 205 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Inverness County (N.S.)
Print preview View:

64 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

94th Regiment

  • 94-931-25446a
  • Item
  • 1900-1918

Item is a photograph of 38 soldiers in full uniform at arms and with instruments posing at an unknown location, possibly Margaree. It was likely taken during World War 1.

94th Regiment

  • 94-931-25446b
  • Item
  • 1900-1918

Item is a photograph of 38 soldiers in full uniform at arms and with instruments posing at an unknown location, possibly Margaree. The exact date is unknown but it was likely taken during World War 1.

Aithghearradh an Teagasg Chriosda agus Co-Chruinneachadh de dh’Urnaighean, Laoidhean, agus Comhairlean O Fhacal Dhe

  • G2
  • Item
  • 19-?

Item is a catechism, collection of hymns, prayers and council concerning the seven deadly sins. This was first produced by Fr. Alexander MacDonald (Maighstir Alasdair Mór). Rev. MacDonald was born in Lochaber, Scotland in 1801. He was ordained in Scotland in 1824 and after serving as parish priest in Moidart, immigrated to Cape Breton where, in 1842, he became parish priest in Mabou and Vicar General to the bishop of Arichat. D. 1865 in Mabou. Item was licenced to print by Bishop James Morrison, b. of Antigonish from 1913-1950.

Angus B. MacIsaac Wedding

  • 78-167-1917
  • Item
  • ca. 1900

Item is a photograph of the wedding of Anne MacFarlane and Angus B. MacIsaac at St. Joseph's Church in Southwest Margaree.

Angus Y. MacLellan fonds

  • MG 6.63
  • Fonds
  • 1912-1946

Fonds consists of poems, biography of Angus Y. MacLellan, and recollections of life on Margaree Island.

  1. Poem: “Clach An Càrn an Dòmhnallaich” was presented by Sister St. Francis of Rome, C.N.D.

  2. Duncan H. and Mary Margaret MacLellan recall their childhood spent on Margaree Island. Typescript, 12 pages Presented by Margaret Long, Brockton, Mass., June 1983.

  3. “My years on Margaree Island” by Lauranna MacLellan MacDonald, who presented the paper in December, 1983. Photocopy, 4 pages.

  4. Biography of Angus Y. MacLellan (1887-1960) Photocopy, 11 pages.

Songs composed by Angus Y. MacLellan and other bards that appear in "Smeòrach nan Cnoc 's nsn Gleann" and "Gaelic Songs in Nova Scotia". Photocopy, 10 pages
Story “Raonull Ban Mac Eoghain Oig” by Aonghas MacGillfhaolain. Print, 26 pages.

  1. “The Part Played by the Scottish Catholic Society of Canada in the Establishment of the St. F. X. Extension Department” 1953. Typescript, 21 pages.

Clippings: Obituary of Rev. Michael Gillis, 1970; Obituary of Ernest Hart, the Chairmaker from Northeast Margaree, n.d. Presented by Sister Carmelina MacLellan, Port Hawkesbury, 1984.

MacLellan, Angus Y.

Archibald MacDonald, Gravestone

  • 91-1075-23036
  • Item
  • 1991

Item is a photograph of the gravestone marking the burial of piper Archie MacDonald. Mr. MacNeil is buried in Stella Maris Cemetery, Inverness.

Prendergast, Paul

Archie Beaton, Mabou Ridge

  • 77-737-871
  • Item
  • ca. 1890

Item is a photograph of Archie Beaton of Mabou Ridge, who sailed to South Africa with a ship load of ponies. Archie Beaton remarried in South Africa and was later killed in a mine in Johannesburg.

Bathing Beach, Port Hood

  • 77-1480-1614
  • Item
  • ca. 1930

Item is a photograph of the bathing beach in Port Hood, now known as Lawrence's Beach.

Bathing Beach, Port Hood

  • 77-1483-1617
  • Item
  • 20th century

Item is a photograph of the bathing beach at Port Hood, now known as Lawrence's Beach.

Bathing Beach, Port Hood

  • 77-1479-1613
  • Item
  • ca. 1930

Item is a photograph of the bathing beach in Port Hood, now known as Lawrence's Beach.

Bay View Hotel

  • 78-74-1824
  • Item
  • 1907

Item is a postcard of of Bay View Hotel and a rowboat on the Whycocomagh Harbour.

Bayview Hotel, Whycocomagh

  • 77-1536-1670
  • Item
  • ca. 1915

Item is a photograph of the Bayview Hotel, a holiday resort in Whycocomagh, with the S.S. Marion at the wharf below the hotel.

Cabot Trail

  • 82-1410-8110
  • Item
  • ca. 1933

Photograph is of Mrs. Cassidy and Mrs. Theora Moore Timmons, seated on the rail, and boys on the Cabot Trail 10 miles north of Cheticamp.

Cheticamp

  • 83-6682-13982
  • Item
  • ca. 1940

Item is a photograph of St. Peter's Church and surrounding buildings in Cheticamp.

Chiasson

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1462-1596
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1466-1600
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1458-1592
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1460-1594
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1459-1593
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1461-1595
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1463-1597
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1465-1599
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1467-1601
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1470-1604
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1464-1598
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1468-1602
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp Monument

  • 77-1469-1603
  • Item
  • 1955

Item is a photograph of the erection of a monument commemorating the first Roman Catholic Chapel and the first cemetery where the founders of Cheticamp are buried.

Cheticamp, Cape Breton

  • 78-99-1849
  • Item
  • ca. 1925

Item is a photograph of Little River in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia.

Court House, Port Hood

  • 77-1484-1618
  • Item
  • 20th century

Item is a photograph of the old court house in Port Hood.

Court House, Port Hood

  • 77-1482-1616
  • Item
  • 20th century

Item is a photograph of the court house in Port Hood.

Dan Louis MacDonald

  • MG.15.35
  • Fonds
  • 1955 - ?

Fond consists of poem, “The Bochan Bridge of Canso.”

Dan R. MacDonald, Gravestone

  • 91-1069-23030
  • Item
  • 1991

Item is a photograph of the gravestone marking noted musician Dan R. MacDonald. Mr. MacDonald is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery, Mabou.

Prendergast, Paul

Dolomite Quarries, Marble Mountain

  • 77-18-145
  • Item
  • 1910

Item is a photograph of the dolomite quarries at Marble Mountain, showing the plant and quarries.

Donald Dougal MacFarlane fonds

  • MG 6.39
  • Fonds
  • 1927

Fonds consists of papers including poems and a genealogy of the MacFarlanes, compiled by D.D. MacFarlane.

A. Gaelic version of “Scots Wha Hae” and “Ath Shealladh” the latter of which was composed by Mr. MacFarlane on New Year's Day, 1927. Presented by Finlay Campbell, Saint John.
B. Translation into Gaelic of “The Minstrel Boy” and “Lord Ullin’s Daughter,” both by Mr. MacFarlane. Original, 4 pages. Presented by Estate of W. S. MacFarlane, 1981.
C. Genealogy of the MacFarlanes by D. D. MacFarlane, 1943 Original, 5 pages. (Indexed copy filed in B & G File) Presented by Rev. John Hugh MacEachen, July 1984.

MacFarlane, Donald Dougal

Dougald MacIntyre and Joe Smith (Fiddlers)

  • 78-44-1794
  • Item
  • 1904

Item is a photograph of fiddlers Dougald MacIntyre and Joe Smith posed with their fiddles and bows. Photograph taken at the Inverness Picnic.

East Whycocomagh

  • 78-86-1836
  • Item
  • ca. 1910

Item is a photographic postcard of East Whycocomagh.

Eastern Beacon

  • Newspaper 92
  • File
  • 1879-1889

The Eastern Beacon was established in 1879 and was published on Wednesdays. The newspaper consisted of four 23" x 33" pages and cost $1.25 per annum. J. A. Cogswell was both the editor and publisher of the Eastern Beacon.

Father John MacMaster

  • 77-927-1061
  • Item
  • ca. 1940

Item is a photograph of Father John MacMaster, the first pastor in Mabou, Inverness County.

Grand Anse Valley, Pleasant Bay

  • 78-84-1834
  • Item
  • ca. 1910

Item is a postcard of MacLean's Farm at the foot of North Mountain in Grand Anse Valley (Pleasant Bay) on the Cabot Trail.

Gravestone: Cheticamp

  • 80-848-5028
  • Item
  • 1980

Item is a photograph of the gravestone of the daughter of George LeBrun in Jersey Graveyard behind the Jersey Church.

Harnod Lakes

  • 78-1187-2937
  • Item
  • 1912

Item is a photographic postcard of Harnord Lakes, at Lake O'Law.

Harvard Lake, Margaree

  • 77-1545-1679
  • Item
  • 1926

Item is a postcard of Harvard Lake in Margaree.

Hawkesbury Bulletin

  • Newspaper 1
  • File
  • 1889-[1910?]

Gertrude E. N. Tratt: "The Bulletin, an Independent Liberal weekly, had originated in 1890. Its publisher was J.J. Williams. It had 18" x 24" pages at first but doubled the number during its first decade. It cost $1.50 per annum and had a circulation varying from 1,200 to 1,500."

History of Marble Mountain

  • Notes - History of Marble Mountain
  • Item
  • 1987

Item consists of three photocopied news articles on the history of marble mountain. "History of Marble Mountain" The Oran, 26 August 1987. "History of Marble Mountain - Continued from Last Week" 2 September 1987. "History of Marble Mountain - Continued from Last Week" 9 September 1987.

"Hoag Engines"

  • 77-618-752
  • Item
  • ca. 1900

Item is a photograph of the "Hoag" engine, fast starter, which ran between George's River and Port Hawkesbury.

Results 1 to 51 of 205