Item is a photograph of Stout House, which was originally located at 75 North Charlotte Street, adjacent to Cossitt House. It was later demolished by the Department of National Health [date of demolition unknown].
Written on the reverse of the photograph:
"N. Charlotte Street House north of Cossitt House 75 Charlotte St. Destroyed to build the Dept. of Health Bldg.
Land deeded 1787 to John Storey. Uninhabited 1795.
Storey to Braion 1800
Deeded to R. Stout 1814, 1817
Willed to Martha Stout 1819
M. Stout to Patrick Slattery 1823
C. E. Leonard took possession 1839
Peter Leonard sells strip of property to Jno. Lorway 1859
Peter Leonard estate to widow & children
Wm Leonard- son Mary Patterson- daughter 1864
Leonard and Patterson to Jas. Williams 1868 > Leonard squat bet. these times
Wm. Leonard bequeaths to wife 1902
Eliz. Leonard to son, Joseph; grandson, Edward 1926
Ed & Josephine Leman (wife) to Joseph Leonard 1944
See Church map, 1864
Block B Lot #