Showing 1 results

Archival description
1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Baddeck Telephone
Newspaper 2 · File · 1898-1900

The Baddeck Telephone (1898-1900) was the second newspaper published in Baddeck, after the Island Reporter (1884-1887). The newspaper was a six-page broadsheet containing local news and advertisements. The paper started when Charles H. Peppy acquired the unused presses and typeset from the Island Reporter and relocated to the west end of Chebucto Street near Gertrude Hall. The newspaper ended soon after Peppy had been sued for libel by a politician. The Baddeck Telephone had only been published for over a year.