Showing 8114 results

Archival description
With digital objects English
Print preview View:

17th Battalion

  • 77-924-1058
  • Item
  • ca. 1910

Item is a photograph of six members of the old 17th Battalion with the first Sydney court house in the background.

17th Battery Artillery Unit

  • 77-889-1023
  • Item
  • 20th century

Item is a photograph of the 17th Battery Artillery, taken at Victoria Park, Sydney.

185th Battalion, Broughton

  • 81-1605-6685
  • Item
  • ca. 1915

Item is a postcard of the 185th Battalion marching in Broughton, Cape Breton during World War 1. The soldiers in full uniform are marching past the rear of the Broughton Arms Hotel, which is visible in the background.

185th Battalion, Broughton

  • 91-621-22582
  • Item
  • ca. 1914

Item is a photograph of the 185th Battalion parading in Broughton, where they were stationed during the beginning of World War 1.

185th Battalion, Broughton

  • 77-903-1037
  • Item
  • ca. 1914

Item is a postcard of the 185th Battalion marching past the Broughton Hotel taken during WWI.

185th Battalion, Broughton

  • 94-1121-25636
  • Item
  • 1915

Item is a photograph of the 185th Battalion parading in Broughton, where they were stationed during the beginning of World War 1.

185th Battalion, Broughton

  • 77-904-1038
  • Item
  • ca. 1914

Item is a photograph of the 185th Battalion at Broughton with the Broughton Hotel in the background. The photograph was taken during WWI. A row of soldiers are assembled in the rear of the hotel and stand before officers in full uniform.

185th Canadian Infantry Battalion fonds

  • MG 20.24
  • Fonds
  • 1915-1918

The 185th Battalion (Cape Breton Highlanders) was authorized on the first day of February, 1916 by the appointment of Lt.-Col. F. P. Day, as its commanding Officer. Cape Breton Island, particularly the industrial sections, had already contributed a long list of men in various units such as the 17th, 36th, 25th, 40th, 64th, 85th, and 106th infantry units. It was felt, however, that the authorization of a Battalion recruited from all sections of the Island would be met with a strong response, and the authorities were not disappointed. Within a period of three weeks from the day the first recruit was signed on, the battalion was up to strength and ready to mobilize. For recruiting purposes, the 185th divided the Island into four districts: "A" Company from Inverness, Richmond and Victoria Counties; "B" Company from the towns of Glace Bay, New Waterford, and adjacent districts; "C" Company from Sydney Mines, North Sydney and suburbs; "D" Company from Sydney and the Mira district.

Fonds consists of the register of recruits ledger, casualty forms, nominal rolls for drafts, absentee list, declaration and attestation papers, and the list of members of the 185th during World War 1.

185th Cape Breton Highlanders Headquarters, Broughton

  • 84-704-14804
  • Item
  • 1914-1918

Item is a photographic postcard showing the Headquarters of the 185th Cape Breton Highlanders in Broughton during the First World War. A heading below the photo identifies the Broughton Arms and General Offices.

185th Overseas Battalion, N.S. Highland Brigade

  • 80-286-4466
  • Item
  • 1916

Item is a composite photograph of the 185th Overseas Battalion, N.S. Highland Brigade of Lt. Col. Day O.C. during World War 1. Photo was taken in Sydney by H.O. Dodge.

Dodge, H. O.

1909 Packard

  • 80-161-4341
  • Item
  • ca. 1910

Item is a photograph of an unidentified man driving a 1909 Packard Model 18 Touring.

#26 Colliery, millionth ton

  • 79-981-3961
  • Item
  • 1967

Item is a photograph of the millionth ton of coal that was taken from #26 Colliery.

#26 Miners, Glace Bay

  • 84-447-14547
  • Item
  • 1984

Item is a photograph of miners from #26 Colliery at St. Mary's Church Hall.

Fitzgerald, Owen

50th Anniversary Holy Heart Seminary

  • 76-68
  • Item
  • ca. 1975

Item is a photograph of approximately three hundred individuals gathered on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Holy Heart Seminary in Halifax, N.S. The seminary was destroyed in 1975.

7 Mile Bridge

  • 91-699-22660
  • Item
  • [ca. 1936]

Item is a photograph taken at 7 Mile Bridge in Sydney River. The individuals are identified from left to right as Obie Karylak, Alex & Marlene Karyluk, Fr. Tsukuinyk & Mrs. Tsukuinky. Fr. Tsukuinky is also identified as the pastor of St. George’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church on Breton Street in Whitney Pier.

94th Argyll Highlanders at Marconi Station, Louisbourg

  • 13-009-30063
  • Item
  • ca. 1914

Item is a photograph of troops of the 94th Regiment at arms in front of Marconi Station. Dozens of troops are lined along a path with an officer standing at the right end. There are multiple buildings visible in the background.

94th Argyll Highlanders at Marconi Station, Louisbourg

  • 13-010-30064
  • Item
  • ca. 1914

Item is a photograph of troops of the 94th Regiment at arms in front of Marconi Station. Dozens of troops and officers are lined in rows in front of a large house, some sitting and some standing.

94th Band, Baddeck

  • 77-617-751
  • Item
  • 1898

Item is a photograph of the 94th Band, Baddeck, with the names of numbers listed on the back of the picture.

94th Highlanders

  • 77-192-326
  • Item
  • ca. 1895

Item is a photograph of the 94th Highlanders at camp in Big Baddeck.

Results 1 to 51 of 8114