Elements area



Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms


          Equivalent terms


            Associated terms


              405 Archival description results for Newspapers

              405 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              Baddeck Telephone
              Newspaper 2 · File · 1898-1900

              The Baddeck Telephone (1898-1900) was the second newspaper published in Baddeck, after the Island Reporter (1884-1887). The newspaper was a six-page broadsheet containing local news and advertisements. The paper started when Charles H. Peppy acquired the unused presses and typeset from the Island Reporter and relocated to the west end of Chebucto Street near Gertrude Hall. The newspaper ended soon after Peppy had been sued for libel by a politician. The Baddeck Telephone had only been published for over a year.

              Bras D'Or Advertiser
              Newspaper 16 · File · 1936

              The Bras D'Or Advertiser was published in Baddeck by S. A. MacLeod.

              Duncan MacIsaac collection
              MG 21.50 · Fonds · 1852 - 1993

              Collection consists of a Peter Smyth of Port Hood, Nova Scotia store ledger; a 1904-1905 store ledger; Gaelic newspapers; indentures and land deeds, St. Andrew’s Parish records, 1927; a framed commemorative offering for Rev. Archibald Chisholm; 6 daily diaries kept by Angus A. MacDougall Sr. and his son, Angus A. MacDougall Jr., of Judique, Nova Scotia from 1882 – 1937; a copy of A Sketch of the Life and Times of the Right Reverend Angus Bernard MacEachern, The First Bishop of the Diocese of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada by Emmet J. Mullally, M.D.; and, a newspaper clipping of Duncan MacIsaac shovelling snow.

              MacIsaac, Duncan A.J.
              Eastern Beacon
              Newspaper 92 · File · 1879-1889

              The Eastern Beacon was established in 1879 and was published on Wednesdays. The newspaper consisted of four 23" x 33" pages and cost $1.25 per annum. J. A. Cogswell was both the editor and publisher of the Eastern Beacon.

              Newspaper 91 · File · 1893-1934

              Gertrude E. N. Tratt: "Volume 1 of the Forward made its initial appearance in Truro on January 19, 1893. It was subsequently published at different times and for varying periods at Windsor, Halifax, Wolfville, and, since 1954 [ie. 1946] at Digby. The publication in 1893 represented the first time that the Sons of Temperance had assumed the full financial responsibility for its periodical. The editors have been successively W.S. Sanders, Rev. A. A. MacLeod, Rev. Edward Morris, and Rev. G. E. Levy. It has four 12" x 18 1/2" pages with five columns each and appears bi-monthly. Its subscription rate has climbed from an original 25 cents p.a. (per annum) to $3.50, and its circulation has fluctuated considerably between 800 to 1,400."