Port Hawkesbury (N.S.)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Port Hawkesbury (N.S.)

Equivalent terms

Port Hawkesbury (N.S.)

Associated terms

Port Hawkesbury (N.S.)

12 Archival description results for Port Hawkesbury (N.S.)

12 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

"Hoag Engines"

  • 77-618-752
  • Item
  • ca. 1900

Item is a photograph of the "Hoag" engine, fast starter, which ran between George's River and Port Hawkesbury.

Eastern Beacon

  • Newspaper 92
  • File
  • 1879-1889

The Eastern Beacon was established in 1879 and was published on Wednesdays. The newspaper consisted of four 23" x 33" pages and cost $1.25 per annum. J. A. Cogswell was both the editor and publisher of the Eastern Beacon.

Hawkesbury Bulletin

  • Newspaper 1
  • File
  • 1889-[1910?]

Gertrude E. N. Tratt: "The Bulletin, an Independent Liberal weekly, had originated in 1890. Its publisher was J.J. Williams. It had 18" x 24" pages at first but doubled the number during its first decade. It cost $1.50 per annum and had a circulation varying from 1,200 to 1,500."

John and Neil Williams, Mrs. Hugh Gillis, Mrs. O'Brien

Item is an audio recording of Gaelic song selections as performed by various informants.

O'Brien, Mrs. Port Hawkesbury "Ho ro mo bheauty..." (Local composition)

O'Brien, Mrs. Port Hawkesbury "Óran sgriob..."

Williams, John and Neil Melford, Inverness County (N.S.) "Óran a 'Bhàta"

Williams, John and Neil Melford, Inverness County (N.S.) "Hiu oro 's na hiu o, gur tu mo nighean donn bhoidheach"

Gillis, Mrs. Hugh Iona, Victoria County "Ho ro mo leannan, mo shuil 'ad dhéidh"

Gillis, Mrs. Hugh Iona, Victoria County "Song for soldiers sent to Transvaal"

Gillis, Mrs. Hugh Iona, Victoria County Song composed by the singer

Shaw, John

The Eastern Journal

  • Newspaper 47
  • File
  • 1889-1911

Gertrude E. N. Tratt: "The earliest of the predecessors of the Bulletin was the Eastern Journal, which began as a weekly in 1889. J. C. Bourinot was editor and publisher and the Journal was Liberal in sympathy. Its subscribers usually numbered about 1,000 and paid $1 p.a. (per annum). It contained four 20" x 26" pages. About 1910 it merged into the Journal-Bulletin."