Title and statement of responsibility area
Xavier College Scrapbook 1960 - 1964
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1960 - 1964 (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
The item is a scrapbook documenting the years 1960 to 1964 at Xavier Junior College. Highlights covered in the scrapbook include photographs featuring staff and students of Xavier Junior College. Textual documents such as correspondence and programs related to operations and events at the school are also included. A few of the specific items found in the scrapbook are:
- Images, news clippings, invitations and programs for the official opening of new arts building at Xavier Junior College on September 19, 1960.
- News clippings about the passing of Msgr. Ronald Cameron MacGillivray in 1963.
- News clippings and photographs on the installation of a language lab at Xavier College in 1963.
- News clippings about the departure of the Principal of Xavier Junior College Dr. Malcolm A. MacLellan in June of 1964 to become the president of St. Francis Xavier University.
- News clippings, programs, images and tickets for the graduation ceremonies of 1961 - 1964
- Issues of the Xavier College newspaper the Excalibur. *A majority of the issues have the specific dates of publication only one issue contains the month of publication. Issues that contain the exact dates of publication: October 12, 1960, November 7, 1960, December 10, 1960 January 16, 1961, March 14, 1961, October 18, 1961, November 17, 1961, December 13, 1961, February 26, 1961, November 12, 1962, January 14, 1963, February 20, 1963, December 6, 1963, January 21, 1964 February 24, 1964, April 2, 1964. The Issue with only the month of publication: May 1963